PO Box 44
CQU Post Office
North Rockhampton Qld 4701
Work: (07) 4930 6564
Mobile: 0400 703 154
- B.Sc majoring in Computer Science
University of Queensland, 1997
- HP OpenView Storage Data Protector 1: Fundamentals for Administrators
5 day course, 13 March, 2006.
- PeopleTools I/II - Accelerated 8.4
5 day course, 7 May 2004.
- Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
3 day course by ProActive Services, 26 June 2004.
- Apple Mac OSX Directory Services
3 day course, 22 November 2004.
- Linux/i386 and linux/sparc experience
- Solaris 9/10 experience
- Hardware: v100, v210, v240, v440, v480, T2000, 280R
- Installation and administration of common unix servers
- Email: Sendmail, exim, qpopper, uw-imapd
- Web: Squid, Apache, Tomcat, Enhydra, Jserv
- DNS: Bind
- SQL: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Firewall: Iptables, Ipchains, IPSec (FreeS/WAN)
- Version Control: CVS, RCS
- File sharing: NFS, Samba, quotas
- Printing: LPRng
- LDAP: OpenLDAP
- Sun ONE: Metadirectory, Directory Server, Identity Synch
- Mailing lists: Mailman, Majordomo
- Antispam and virus: SpamAssassin, ClamAV, exiscan, sophie
- Exposure to Tru64, AIX, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac OSX
- SnapGear and Orinoco wireless router administration experience
- Windows 98/NT/2000/2003/XP experience
- IIS, Exchange, Active Directory and Terminal Server
- Perl, PHP and shell scripting
- HTML and CGI scripting
- Technical documentation and presentations
Corporate Systems Administrator
Information Technology Division, Central Queensland University, July 2003 - present
- Various project work, including:
- Migrating webservers
- Migration from majordomo to mailman
- Directory services deployment
- Development of automated subscription process for student mailing list
- Providing technical support to university staff / students
- Configuring monitoring of servers via MRTG and BigBrother
- Support of Blackboard, web based learning management system
- Migration to a load balanced solution
Plugged In Software, July 1996 - June 2003
- Providing technical direction for PI's system administration team
- Operating and expanding PI's internal services, including fileserver, internet access, and intranet
- Providing scripting and sysadmin support for local and remote offices
- Operating and expanding PI's Internet services, including email, web and dns services
- Managing disk usage, internet traffic and backups for development network
- Rapidly deploying systems for product demonstrations
- Implemented and maintained helpdesk for internal and external use
- Migrated production internet services across ISPs
- Recommendations to management for purchasing decisions
- Provided systems administration consulting services to clients
Assistant Network Administrator
AGL Pipelines, April 1996 - June 1996
- Technical support for Windows 95 desktops and Microsoft Office
- Assisted systems administration of SunOS 4.1.3 servers
Volunteer PositionsDebian Developer
August 2000 - present
Creation and maintenance of packages
Responding to bug reports by users
Currently maintaining coldsync, libpalm-perl, gnokii, and muffin
HUMBUG Senior Systems Administrator
April 2001 - Present
Installation, upgrades and maintanance of HUMBUG's servers
Migration of mailing lists to mailman
Maintainance of aliases and dns zone
SAGE-AU Queensland Regional Executive
September 2004 - present
Organising Rockhampton chapter meetings
Helping organise speakers for meetings
Liasing with chapters to organise synchronized meetings
Linux Australia Mailing List Co-administrator
September 2004 - present
Assisting with moderating some Linux Australia lists
SAGE-AU National Executive
July 1999 - August 2003
Mailing list administration
Reorganising executive internal website
Organising mentoring scheme
linux.conf.au 2002 committee member
July 2001 - March 2002
Assisted in organising of linux.conf.au 2002
SAGE-AU Queensland Chapter Treasurer
July 1998 - July 1999
Assisting in organising monthly meetings
Responsible for collecting joining fees and organising reimbursement for monies spent
Published in SAGE Advice, SAGE-AU's quarterly newsletter from 2001 to present
- ``Basic Introduction to Perl''
- ``Perl Command line Options''
- ``Perl and Net::LDAP''
- ``XFree4.0 Introduction''
- ``Xinerama - Multi-headed X''
- ``SSH Port Forwarding and Tunnelling''
- ``SSH Tricks'
- ``Introduction to IPSec''
- ``Debian Kernel Packages and Boot Loaders for i386''
- ``Introduction to MRTG'
- ``Introduction to Using Databases with Perl'
- ``Sending Mail the Net::SMTP Way'
- ``Perl Mailbox Manipulation'
Published in linux.com Sysadmin and Security section during 2000/2001
- ``Introduction to Securing Apache''
- ``Introduction to Squid''
- ``Introduction to LDAP''
- ``Introduction to Firewall Theory''
- ``ACLs and Apache Modules''
- ``ACLs under Squid''
- ``Setting up an Intranet Router - The Beginning''
- ``Basic Intranet Configuration''
- ``Linux Clustering - Advanced Topics''
- ``linux in a Commercial Environment'', SAGE-AU 1998
- ``Systems Authentication Using LDAP'', SAGE-AU 2000 and QAUUG Summer Conf 2001
- ``A Case Study in Website Management'', SAGE-AU 2001
- ``Introduction To LDAP'', Full day tutorial for AUUG Tasmania, 2nd October 2000
- ``Introduction to LDAP'', Half day tutorial at SAGE-AU 2001 and SAGE-AU 2002
- ``Virtual Machines Under Linux'', SAGE-AU Qld Chapter, 11th April 2003
- ``LDAP Theory and Management'', SAGE-AU 2003 Conference
- ``LDAP Servers and Applications'', SAGE-AU 2003 and SAGE-AU 2004 Conferences
All presentations and publications available at http://quark.humbug.org.au/publications/.
Available upon request.